Notability was an amazing iPad-only note taking app. Now its available on the iPhone as a universal app, and its been redesigned in a great way! Once you start using it you’ll know why. The beautiful user interface is just the start. Soon you’ll be bullet-pointing and creating sleek outlines. My favorite part is a toss-up between the auto syncing to Dropbox and the audio recording. Notability will record audio while you take notes and can even fast-forward to whatever point in the notes you jump too. Amazing. This video will show you how it all works.
Notability is just one of our favorite notes apps for iPhone and iPad. We’ve collected all of our favorites here. And if you’d like to see more of our top app selections in different categories, just head on over to our Best Apps Series.
Welcome to Notability: powerful, yet wonderfully simple note-taking and PDF annotation.
Apple Editors' Choice on iPad, iPhone, and Mac! Top selling paid app on iPad App Store, regularly ranked #1.
Students, teachers, and business professionals use Notability daily to enrich their lives. It is uniquely designed for each device to provide the best note-taking experience at school, home, and work.
CREATE MEMORABLE MULTI-MEDIA NOTES
• Work with a variety of note-taking, journaling, and drawing tools like ink, highlighter, text, and audio.
• Leave room for ideas with infinite page scroll.
• Mark up imported or scanned textbooks, documents, forms, and images.
• Add photos, GIFs, web pages, and more.
STAY ORGANIZED, PAPER-FREE
• Go paperless and keep your notes with you, without the weight, the hassle or the waste.
• Group notes with customizable subjects and dividers.
• Quickly search handwriting*, typed text, PDF text, image text, and note titles.
• Secure notes using Face ID and Touch ID.
HANDWRITE AND SKETCH NATURALLY
• Create custom colors and match any color with the color dropper.
• Ink is fine-tuned for the Apple Pencil for the most responsive, precise writing experience yet, including double-tap gesture for switching tools, erasing, and more.
• Easily create perfect shapes.
• Precisely erase freehand ink or shapes with varied brush sizes.
RECORD AND PLAYBACK AUDIO
• Get more out of your lectures and meetings when you record them.
• Notes are automatically synced with audio recordings so you can replay what was said while you wrote.
SHARE IDEAS IN PRESENTATION MODE
• Present ideas in full screen without distracting toolbars when connected to an external display.
• Engage the audience with all of Notability's tools including a Laser Pointer.
• Use Multi-Note to view a secondary note that stays hidden from the audience while presenting.
DO MORE WITH MULTI-NOTE
• Work with two notes side-by-side.
• Quickly switch between notes with the Note Switcher.
• Drag & Drop handwriting, typed text, images, and more between notes.
• Full-featured, left-aligned typing with word count and a wide range of fonts, custom fonts, sizes, and colors.
• Create outlines, interactive checklists, and text boxes.
• Save time with keyboard shortcuts.
IMPORT AND SHARE
• Import PDFs, DOCs, PPTs, images, GIFs, and more - conversion to PDF happens on your device, so information stays private.
• Annotate imported pictures, lecture slides, and meeting agendas, or complete class assignments.
• Easily create searchable multi-page PDFs using the built-in Document Scanner.
AUTO-BACKUP AND ICLOUD SYNC
• Use iCloud to automatically sync your notes to Notability on iPad, iPhone, and Mac, or to retrieve previous versions of your notes.
• Use Auto-backup to send your notes to a cloud service for archiving or recovery. Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, WebDAV, and OneDrive are all supported!
*Available for in-app purchase (included with Education Volume Purchase Program):
SEARCH AND CONVERT HANDWRITTEN NOTES
• Search for handwritten words from the Library and in the note view in any of our 15 supported languages.
• Convert handwriting to text.
• It all happens on your device, so your information stays private.
Mac app sold separately.
Notability is a registered trademark of Ginger Labs, Inc.
Here are a couple of our other picks of the best notes apps for iPhone and iPad: