Layout from Instagram has just been released in the App Store! Chances are, you already have a photo collage app that you use to arrange your photos before posting to Instagram. But now Instagram has designed their own collage app called Layout, and it’s really good. The app will show you your camera roll photos and then suggest ways to arrange them. You can always customize the look of your collage too by dragging borders and image sizes. Once you’re done, send it to Instagram to post to your feed.
Take a look at all the details below and if you’re interested in more photography apps for your iPhone and iPad, check out our selection of the Best Photography Apps. And you can always find more Cool New Apps here or simply subscribe to our Newsletters to get notified via email.
Create fun, one-of-a-kind layouts by remixing your own photos and sharing them with your friends.
Choose photos from your camera roll—or use the built-in Photo Booth to take spur-of-the-moment shots—and instantly see them laid out in various combinations. Pick the layout you like best, then edit it to make it your own.
Layout's smooth, intuitive process gives you complete creative control. Tap to mirror, flip or replace images, hold and drag to swap them, pinch to zoom in or out, or pull the handles to resize. You're the editor, so get creative—tell a story, show off an outfit or just splice, dice and change the look of your regular photos to convey a mood or theme.
* Re-mix up to 9 of your photos at a time to create fun, personalized layouts.
* Use the Faces tab to quickly find photos with people in them.
* Capture the moment in Photo Booth mode with quick, spontaneous shots.
* Save your layouts to your camera roll and share them seamlessly to Instagram or other networks.
* Easily see the last 30 photos you've selected in the Recents tab.
* Pair your layouts with Instagram's filters and creative tools afterwards to make them stand out even more.
* Download and start creating immediately. No signup or account required—and no clutter breaking up your flow.
We want you to know about the coolest new apps as they hit the App Store. So we only include the best ones that are worth your time. If you want to see some of our past selections, check out the following list.