Get Up – Work Break Timer has just been released in the App Store! Get Up – Work Break Timer is a new way to get active throughout the day. Do you sit at a desk all day? Want to be more active? This app will help by reminding you to get moving when you’ve been sitting too long. Not only that, it will give you small exercises to keep you healthy. Check out the description below to see how it works.
Take a look at all the details below and if you’re interested in more health apps for your iPhone and iPad, check out our selection of the Best Health and Fitness Apps. And you can always find more Cool New Apps here or simply subscribe to our Newsletters to get notified via email.
Get Up - Work Break Timer will help you take those short, but important "activity breaks" during your work day.
Sitting too much is dangerous to your health! It's been said that "sitting is the new smoking" — it raises the risk of many diseases. Movement is important and the good news is that even short ACTIVE breaks are beneficial. Yes, the chair IS a killer! So take a break every 20-30 minutes. Get up and move your feet - and your body! - for a minute or two (or more if you have the time). Your body will thank you for it!
How to use this app:
Imagine the 9 squares on the floor and follow the moving feet (and hands) on the screen. You can do the activity breaks with or without the BALANCE option (when shown on the screen; balance on one foot) and with or without the HANDS option (when shown on the screen; bend down to touch the floor with your hand).
• Set your daily work break goal (number of breaks/day)
• Set the timer to remind you to Get Up and take a break
When it’s time to take a break:
• Choose "move feet mode" (random or left-right)
• Select/deselect the HANDS option
• Select/deselect the BALANCE option
• Set HANDS frequency
• Set BALANCE frequency
• Set SPEED (from "almost slow motion" to "almost impossibly fast")
• Set break DURATION (1 to 5 minutes with 30 seconds increments)
• Start the Activity Break
• See today's work break achievement (number of breaks and your achievement for HANDS, BALANCE, SPEED and TIME)
• See your achievement (number of work breaks) for the last 7 seven days, that you have used the app
• Mr. Stickman will show you how to do the "exercises" correctly
• Animated demo with Mr. Stickman shows you how to use the app
I'll hope you'll use and benefit from this app. Enjoy!
We want you to know about the coolest new apps as they hit the App Store. So we only include the best ones that are worth your time. If you want to see some of our past selections, check out the following list.