Normally priced at $4.99, Plex – Media Server has just gone free! Plex – Media Server is a fantastic way to watch movies on your iPhone or iPad. Movies often take up so much space that you don’t want to load up your iPhone or iPad storage with them. So how do you watch your personal movie collection while away from home? Stream them with Plex. By storing all your movies on your home computer and installing the Plex server software there, you’ll be able to connect to and stream everything to your mobile device. The entire experience is seamless and even works for sharing your movies with friends. Plex makes organizing your collection a breeze too. It recognizes movies and automatically associates meta data to them. So you don’t have to worry about adding plot summaries, casts, release dates, or rotten tomatoes ratings to your files. It all come over instantly.
We only recommend high-quality apps like Plex – Media Server that have dropped in price. You can find more of them on our iPhone App Sales page or simply subscribe to our Newsletters to get notified via email. And if you’re interested in more apps like Plex – Media Server, check out our selection of the Best iPhone Entertainment Apps.
Plex is your home for free TV and movies, giving you access to 80+ live channels and thousands of on-demand titles from around the world. Stream music, podcasts, news, and more, all wrapped in a beautiful interface. No other free streaming service delivers more content to more countries, all without a subscription.
• Thousands of FREE movies and TV shows from Oscar™ award-winning movies to cult classics, anime, documentaries, family-friendly shows, and much more from around the world.
• Live TV: Enjoy 80+ channels of free live programming—instantly. From food to news to sports to kids to international content, there's something for the whole family.
• Watch Together: Effortlessly watch Plex with friends and family across the globe. No counting down to press play at the same time. Start and stop simultaneously.
• All your personal media: Stream your own photos, music, movies, shows, even DVR-ed TV to any device in a beautiful, simple interface. Plex adds rich descriptions, artwork, and other related information.
• Web series, news, and podcasts on demand: Watch unlimited, on-demand streaming of the best-curated web channels and get personalized news and trusted video from over 190 global publishing partners. Discover new podcasts and enjoy variable speed playback, 30-second skip, rich discovery, and full Plex-style support for cross-device playback status meaning you can pick back up where you left off on any device.
• With you wherever you go: With Plex apps on virtually every platform and device, you can take all your news, TV, and internet entertainment on the go.
Visit our site for more information.
Note: Playing media from a personal Plex library on mobile devices is limited (one minute for music and video, watermark on photos) until the app is unlocked. For full functionality, you can get a Plex Pass -OR- make a small, one-time, in-app purchase to remove these limitations. If you have a Plex Pass or you’ve already purchased the app through the App Store, you do NOT need to purchase again! Your previous purchase will be automatically detected. Streaming personal media requires Plex Media Server version 1.3 or higher installed and running to stream to other devices. DRM-protected content, ISO disc images, and video_ts folders are not supported.
The app offers (but does not require) a Plex Pass In-App Purchase. Plex Pass is available for the equivalent of US$4.99 charged monthly to your iTunes Account, charged yearly for the equivalent of US$39.99, or as a one-off lifetime payment for the equivalent of US$149.99. Subscriptions automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off in your iTunes Account at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period, charged at the same rate for renewals. Subscriptions may be managed and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your iTunes Account Settings after purchase.
Here are a couple more apps that have just gone on sale: