YouTube Music has just been released in the App Store! YouTube Music is a new free music streaming service by the popular video company. YouTube has been particularly popular among youths looking to listen to the latest music hits. Now there is a dedicated ad-based app for doing that. If you’d like to remove ads and even create your own playlists, you can subscribe to YouTube Red which will remove all advertisements from videos too. This seems to be too little too late. And considering Rdio’s bankruptcy, there isn’t much room for competition in the streaming music market.
Take a look at all the details below and if you’re interested in more music apps for your iPhone and iPad, check out our selection of the Best iPhone Music Apps. And you can always find more of the Best New iPhone Apps here or simply subscribe to our Newsletters to get notified via email.
YouTube Music is a new music app that allows you to easily find what you’re looking for and discover new music. Get playlists and recommendations served to you based on your context, tastes, and what’s trending around you.
A new music streaming service from YouTube
• This is a completely reimagined music service with official releases from your favorite artists.
Find the music you want
• Easily find the albums, singles, live performances, covers and remixes you’re looking for.
• Don’t know a song’s name? Just search the lyrics or describe it.
Discover new music
• Get music recommendations based on taste, location, and time of day.
• Use “The Hotlist” to keep up with what’s trending.
Upgrade to YouTube Music Premium to enjoy these benefits:
• Listen ad-free
• Don’t worry about your music stopping when you lock your screen or use other apps.
• Download your favorites or let us do it for you by enabling Offline Mixtape.
If you subscribe via iTunes:
Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period at the rate of the selected plan. Subscriptions and auto-renewal may be managed by going to Account Settings after purchase.
Monthly price: $12.99 USD / $12.99 CAD / $15.99 AUD / $16.99 NZD / £12.99 / €12.99 / $129 pesos MXN / $9.89 USD (KR only) / 129 kr NOK / 129 kr SEK / 129 kr DKK / 229 ₽
YouTube paid service terms: https://www.youtube.com/t/terms_paidservice
1. YouTube Premium $15.99
2. YouTube Music Premium $12.99
We want you to know about the best new iPhone apps as they hit the App Store. So we only include the best ones that are worth your time. If you want to see some of our past selections, check out the following list.