Pendo has just been released in the App Store! From a high-level view. Pendo is basically a note taking app. But as you get into it, Pendo emerges as something much more. You see, Pendo will take your notes and then interact with other iOS functions. For example, typing a CO will create a contact from your note! E will make an email from your note. And T will make a to-do list. I really like this interface, as the idea makes things a lot faster for me. Actually, Pendo reminds me of a simpler version of Drafts. Take a look and let us know what you think in the comments below.
Take a look at all the details below and if you’re interested in more productivity apps for your iPhone and iPad, check out our selection of the Best iPhone Productivity Apps. And you can always find more of the Best New iPhone Apps here or simply subscribe to our Newsletters to get notified via email.
# 30K reviews at 4.9 star globally; 10+ times featured by Apple
# Entirely free - IAPs are just for at-will donations 🙂
Got an idea? Open Pendo, write it down, then 1 more tap to make it a journal, to-do, calendar event or share to Instagram.
What's unique about Pendo?
• Calendar Event IQ: Write (or say) complex plans like "Swim every Monday & Friday at 8pm for 3 weeks", tap the calendar button, then it’s added to your iOS calendar & Today Widget right away.
• To-do List: Write down your grocery lists or study tasks, then check them directly on Timeline & Today Widget. Repeating tasks? Repeating cycles can be set in a breeze as well.
• One Timeline to organize & search all your journals, notes, to-dos & calendar events.
• Uniquely designed Calendar View, where you can see how many notes of each type there are for any day at a glance.
Still reading? Pendo got more to show off -
• Tags give you the flexibility to categorize notes in whatever way you like - better than folders 😉
• Pinch your note to adjust font size intuitively.
• Layout your journal with pictures, then 1 tap to snapshot it & share as a long picture.
For the Ultimate Pendo’ers:
• Commands: After a plan is written, start a new line then type 'C' (first letter of 'Calendar') and return - done! Similarly, type 'T' to create a to-do list, 'S' to share and so on - once you get used to it, you'll never look back :]
• Paste an email sender's contact info and type 'Co', then the info will be parsed and a new Contact is created 🙂
• Details, details, more subtle details: e.g. when sharing your to-do list with a friend, she just needs to paste it into Pendo and it will be recognized as a to-do right away; when you crossed a to-do item, it drops to the bottom to keep the list clear and organized - read some reviews and you'll know 😉
Lots of more surprises for you to explore - Enjoy Writing!
We want you to know about the best new iPhone apps as they hit the App Store. So we only include the best ones that are worth your time. If you want to see some of our past selections, check out the following list.