Paper by FiftyThree has just been updated with some sweet new features! If you’re a fan of Paper by FiftyThree, is an awesome drawing and writing app. Basically, it’s one of our favorite apps to let you express your creativity. But it’s just gotten better thanks to today’s update which includes smart text and sharing from other apps. In addition to Paper by FiftyThree’s host of previous goodies, new features abound. Here are the full details of the new update:
4.04 contains these fixes:
- Paper would always reset to the first color palette. Now Paper keeps your palette in place.
- Tapping on the canvas would sometimes cause a Cut action. All fixed. Now your taps are just taps.
- Tap-to-fill and tap-to-cut Smart Shapes was unreliable, especially when using Apple Pencil. Both of those actions are easier now.
- Tossing a cut region to delete it is a fast and fun way to delete things. Now you can do it even if you're zoomed in.
- When using a stylus, if your finger was set to Draw, Paper would blend instead. We fixed that.
- Check out our updated support site: support.fiftythree.com
- Journal list view and search: Quickly jump to any journal, even if you've got a few hundred of them. (All users)
- Custom imported cover images: Add your own image to any journal cover. (All users)
- Scale, rotate, and move imported images. (All users)
- Reorder Journals (All users)
- Multi-select in Grid View w/ delete, export, duplicate and rotate actions (All users)
- Zoom dot grid (All users)
Paper 4.0 is entirely rebuilt, reworked with SceneKit to be even more beautifully simple.
* An all-new look and feel for Paper
* Arrange sketches and notes into 3D journal view: a personal set of notebooks
* Group notes with sketches and annotate your photos
* Beautiful covers to customize your workspace
* Your notebooks transform into grids for easy organization
* Support for Split View and all device orientations
* Optimized for iPhone X, all iPad Pro, and Apple Pencil
* Paper Patron is now Paper Pro
* Works with Paste for building stories with your team
If you’re interested in more creativity apps for your iPhone and iPad, check out our selection of the Best iPhone Creativity Apps. And you can always find more of the Best New iPhone Apps here or simply subscribe to our Newsletters to get notified via email.
We want you to know about the coolest app updates as they hit the App Store. So we only include the best ones that are worth your time. If you want to see some of our past selections, check out the following list.