Paper by FiftyThree has just been updated with some sweet new features! If you’re a fan of Paper by FiftyThree, is an awesome drawing and writing app. Basically, it’s one of our favorite apps to let you express your creativity. But it’s just gotten better thanks to today’s update which includes smart text and sharing from other apps. In addition to Paper by FiftyThree’s host of previous goodies, new features abound. Here are the full details of the new update:
- Changing a color swatch in 4.3.1 would trigger an irreversible loss of custom color palette data. Our team regrets releasing this bug and we encourage you to upgrade to 4.3.2 immediately.
- Duplicating a page with a background color would result in a change to the page's background color. This is now fixed.
- Cutting images with the Collage Tool would result in large file sizes. We've optimized image storage for this case and significantly reduced the associated file sizes.
Paper’s new collage tool introduces the simplest way to work with images. Add multiple images to the same page and cut them out or slice them up.
We’ve also added an Unsplash integration so you can search thousands of beautiful photographs right from the comfort of your personal journals.
You can also use iOS drag and drop to import images from other apps into Paper.
- A new tool for Paper Pro users! The collage tool lets you add, cut, and arrange multiple images per page.
- Non Paper Pro users can still add a single image per page as always.
- Templates are still available and now appear separately from imported images.
- Full support for iOS drag and drop import.
- Added an option in Canvas Settings to hide the drop shadow applied to imported images.
- Drawing with Apple Pencil on photos would sometimes trigger a transition to the collage tool. We fixed that.
- Copy and pasting ink with your finger set to "Cut" was needlessly difficult. Now you can tap on the tool tray without losing your cut selection.
- The image picker has been slow to appear for some users. This release might help.
If you’re interested in more creativity apps for your iPhone and iPad, check out our selection of the Best iPhone Creativity Apps. And you can always find more of the Best New iPhone Apps here or simply subscribe to our Newsletters to get notified via email.
We want you to know about the coolest app updates as they hit the App Store. So we only include the best ones that are worth your time. If you want to see some of our past selections, check out the following list.