Normally priced at $0.99, Yak Dash has just gone free! According to Wikipedia (I had to look it up), “The yak (Bos grunniens and Bos mutus) is a long-haired bovid found throughout the Himalaya region of southern Central Asia, the Tibetan Plateau and as far north as Mongolia and Russia.” Well, it’s a cool animal. But it gets even cooler in Yak Dash. In this game, you race yaks against each other to end up the winner. It sounds preposterous, but it’s a lot of fun. Take a ride on a yak today!
We only recommend high-quality apps like Yak Dash that have dropped in price. You can find more of them on our iPhone App Sales page or simply subscribe to our Newsletters to get notified via email. And if you’re interested in more racing games like Yak Dash, check out our selection of the Best iPhone Racing Games.
“A charming 2D sidescroller” - GameNGuide
“Horse racing is for fools. Yak racing is where it’s at.” - GameZBo
“…a bizarre but highly entertaining new racing game.” - AppAdvice
Race yaks across perilous mountains at break-neck speeds!
Inspired by traditional Tibetan yak racing, Yak Dash: Horns of Glory is an exciting 2D side-scrolling racer that tests reaction time, skill, and bravado. Experience 17 levels in four treacherous mountain ranges. Complete each level as fast as possible by smashing obstacles, leaping chasms and discovering shortcuts along the way.
- Race your way through grassland, icy tundra, dangerous desert and perilous volcanic terrain.
- Beat mountain flagbearers to gain medals and unlock progressively more challenging routes.
- Challenge the world to climb the global leaderboards.
- Collect apples to help you dash your way through hazards.
- Earn yak coins to customise your yak and rider, and make them stand out from the herd.
- Flip your way to glory - perform crazy back and front flips for extra speed boosts.
Optimised for iPhone 5 +, iPad 2 +, and iOS 7.0.1 +.
Yak Dash: Horns of Glory is a product of the GamesLab South West programme, funded by the European Regional Development Fund, supported by the Government’s Regional Growth Fund, and led by Creative England.
Here are a couple more apps that have just gone on sale: