Hound has just been released in the App Store! Hound is a new Siri competitor that just hit the App Store. If the name sounds familiar, that’s because it’s from the makers of Sound Hound. This time, the music query company has put there listening abilities to use by offering to assist users on a number of topics. Just like Siri, Hound will deliver results to your questions about the weather, directions, restaurants, whatever. Hound looks to bring better recognition and faster results than its competition. Check it out today!
Take a look at all the details below and if you’re interested in more productivity apps for your iPhone and iPad, check out our selection of the Best iPhone Productivity Apps. And you can always find more of the Best New iPhone Apps here or simply subscribe to our Newsletters to get notified via email.
Hound is the best way to search using your natural voice.
What do we mean by natural voice? Instead of talking like a search query "OK Hound… Find Chinese restaurants", just ask "OK Hound… What are the top rated Chinese restaurants near me?" You'll be amazed at the lightning-fast response.
Want to try something more advanced? Hound can use follow-up questions and commands to filter, sort, or add more information to the original request. Give this a shot: "OK Hound… Find Asian restaurants rated 4 stars or more within walking distance of Times Square and exclude Chinese, Korean, and Thai"
But Hound isn't limited to restaurants and coffee shops. Use Hound to:
Search, discover, and play music:
- “OK Hound... What song is playing?”
- “OK Hound... Play the top hits by Echo & the Bunnymen”
Research and get trivia answers quickly:
- “OK Hound... When was Alexa Alemanni born?"
- “OK Hound... Tell me about the constellation Lyra"
- “OK Hound... Tell me about the Amazon River"
Set alarms and timers:
- "OK Hound… Set an alarm for 7am every weekday"
- "OK Hound… Set a timer to take out the chicken in 40 minutes"
Get the latest news:
- “OK Hound… Show me the latest news headlines”
- “OK Hound… Play me the latest news from NPR”
- “OK Hound… What is stock price of Amazon?”
Call, text, navigate handsfree:
- “OK Hound… Call Alexa at work"
- “OK Hound… Text Jeff ‘I’ll be there in five minutes’”
- “OK Hound… Show me directions to the nearest Whole Foods”
Get the weather forecast:
- “OK Hound… What’s the weather going to be like tomorrow at 6pm?
- “OK Hound… How about in Seattle in two weeks?”
Plan a night out at the movies:
- "OK Hound… What movies are playing near me around 7pm?"
- "OK Hound… What are the top action movies in theaters right now?"
- "OK Hound… What movies are playing in IMAX?"
Book an Uber:
- "OK Hound… How much is an Uber to the airport?"
- "OK Hound… Get an Uber to the nearest movie theater"
Search for hotels and plan your travel:
- “OK Hound… Show hotels in Seattle that are pet-friendly, have a gym, and cost less than $275”
Numbers, calculations, and even mortgage estimates:
- “OK Hound… What is a prime number?”
- “OK Hound… What is the square root of 16 minus the square root of 9?”
- "OK Hound… Split a $96 bill two ways with a 15% tip"
- "OK Hound… What's the monthly payment for a $500,000 house with 20% down?"
What will you use Hound for?
Hound takes speed and accuracy to a new level thanks to our powerful Houndify platform, combining Speech Recognition and Natural Language Understanding into a single step. We call it Speech-to-Meaning (TM). Other assistants simply translate words into text, and the do a voice search the old way. But just recognizing words isn't fast enough! Hound, powered by Houndify, is the fastest and most accurate independent voice assistant in the market today.
End User Agreement: http://www.soundhound.com/hound-end-user-agreement
We want you to know about the best new iPhone apps as they hit the App Store. So we only include the best ones that are worth your time. If you want to see some of our past selections, check out the following list.