Gboard – Google Keyboard has just been released in the App Store! Gboard is a new iPhone keyboard from Google. The unique and best part of Gboard is the ability to get search results right inside the keyboard itself. You can search for webpages, the weather, restaurants, and send them all straight to your conversation. GIFs and image search is also included. Gboard is a great way to cut out a few steps and get to the good stuff quickly. Check out Gboard today and get typing quicker!
To begin using Gboard – Google Keyboard, first download it from the App Store. Then you’ll need to enable it in the Settings app. Go to Settings->General->Keyboard->Keyboards->Add New Keyboard. Here you’ll see a list of your available keyboards. Tap on Gboard – Google Keyboard, and it will be added to your device. The last step is to tap Gboard – Google Keyboard again and turn on Allow Full Access. Now you’ll be able to switch between keyboards by tapping on the globe icon now available next to the space bar.
Take a look at all the details below and if you’re interested in more keyboard apps for your iPhone and iPad, check out our selection of the Best iPhone Keyboard Apps. And you can always find more of the Best New iPhone Apps here or simply subscribe to our Newsletters to get notified via email.
Gboard is the keyboard from Google for your iPhone, packed with features to make typing effortless. On top of GIFs, emoji search, and Glide Typing, the power of Google is at your fingertips with Google Search built in. Forget switching from app to app – just search and send, all from one place.
GIFs — Search GIFs for the best reaction
Emoji Search — Find the perfect emoji, faster
Stickers - Create or share stickers to express yourself
Glide Typing — Type faster by sliding your finger from letter to letter
Search and send anything from Google:
• Nearby stores and restaurants
• Videos and images
• Weather forecasts
• News and articles
• Sports scores
• And anything else you’d search on Google
Gboard for iPhone and iPad supports the following languages:
• Portuguese (Brazil)
• Portuguese ( Portugal)
• Simplified Chinese
• Traditional Chinese (Taiwan)
• Traditional Chinese (Hong Kong)
We know the things you type on your phone are personal, so we’ve designed Gboard to keep your private information private.
What Gboard sends to Google:
• Gboard sends your searches to Google’s web servers to give you search results.
• Gboard also sends usage statistics to Google to let us know which features are used most often and to help us understand problems if the app crashes.
• If you use Gboard’s microphone, voice input will be sent to Google for transcription.
What Gboard doesn’t send to Google:
• Other than your searches and voice inputs, Gboard doesn't send anything you type to Google, whether it’s a password or chat with a friend.
• To help you with spelling and to predict searches you might be interested in, Gboard will store the words you type on your device. This data is not accessible by Google or by any apps, and can be cleared at any time.
• If you’ve turned on contacts search in Gboard search settings, this allows Gboard to search the contacts on your device so you can easily share. None of these queries are sent to Google.
We want you to know about the best new iPhone apps as they hit the App Store. So we only include the best ones that are worth your time. If you want to see some of our past selections, check out the following list.