Normally priced at $0.99, Terminology: Dictionary, Thesaurus & Search for iPhone and iPad has just dropped to Free! Apple’s built-in dictionary is great and all, but what about when you need to find alternative words? A thesaurus is what you need. And Terminology is the app that has it. Not only is Terminology an excellent stand alone app for finding synonyms, antonyms, and related words, it can do so without even leaving your current app. Much like Apple’s dictionary look-up feature, Terminology is accessible by selecting a word and then tapping on Share. Then select Terminology in the list of apps to see that word’s definition and thesaurus entries. Terminology offers a concise way to improve your writing and overall communication.
We only recommend high-quality apps like Terminology: Dictionary, Thesaurus & Search that have dropped in price. You can find more of them on our App Sales page or simply subscribe to our Newsletters to get notified via email.
Terminology is a browser for the English language – part dictionary, part thesaurus and part research tool. Terminology makes it easy to explore words and phrases, diving down to more and less specific terms - accessing the web and other apps for more detail and sharing.
More than a dictionary, Terminology can be extended with custom actions to search the Internet and other reference apps – making it a great place to start all your searches.
Use the share extension to select text anywhere, in any app, and look it up in Terminology.
### Dictionary, Thesaurus & Search
- Offline U.S. English dictionary and word reference with simple clear definitions.
- Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and deeper word relations such as: more and less specific words, part, part of, members, member of, pertains to and more.
- Favorite terms.
- Word browsing history.
- Add your own notes to any term.
- Audio pronunications.
- Wildcard (?,*) searching.
- Spelling suggestions.
- Fast, reliable, iCloud (CloudKit) sync and backup of history, favorites, notes and actions.
- Term of the day.
### Extensible Actions
Actions provide quick links to lookup and search your terms on websites and in other apps. Ready to use actions for popular reference sites like Wikipedia, Dictionary.com, Google, IMDb, Snopes and more, or create your own with simple URL templates.
### All the Latest Technologies
- Drag and drop text into Terminology to lookup, or drag out full text definitions and related words to other apps!
- Select alternate home screen icon!
- Share extension lets you access Terminology from a text selection in any app.
- Today widget for quick access.
- 3D Touch support.
- iPad Multitasking/Split View support.
- Spotlight and Handoff support.
### More Features
- Extensive support for URL scheme integration via x-callback-url. Visit our website for details.
- Great support for Accessibility features like VoiceOver and Dynamic Text.
### About the Dictionary
- Terminology's offline dictionary is based on the latest 3.1 version of the Princeton University WordNet project and contains U.S. English words.
We love to hear your feedback, please contact us.
Here are a couple more apps that have just gone on sale:
Note: While I try to remove these posts when the price goes back up, it’s best to double-check the price before downloading.